Malcolm Harrison Auctions Limited respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data.
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
It is important you read this Notice carefully as it contains important information about who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
This Notice does not form part of any contract we have with you and we may amend it from time to time. As a result of ongoing changes in the law and the changing nature of technology or data protection practices may change from time to time. We therefore encourage you to check this page frequently.
We are auctioneers of Industrial Plant, Construction, Demolition, Recycling and Agriculture equipment, Trucks, Trailers and Road Transport equipment.
Data is collected, processed and stored by us. We are the “data controller”, for the purposes of the GDPR or any other relevant data protection law.
What information do we hold about you?
The exact information we will request from you will depend on what you have asked us to do or what we are contracted to do. We may collect, store and use some or all of the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses and business contact information for companies based in the UK and or based overseas.
- Financial details such as bank accounts and payment card details.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes any username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preference.
- Any personal information required for us to verify your identity to comply with our anti-money laundering checks, including identification documentation such as your passport or driving licence, utility bills.
- Information included on invoices provided by contractors and suppliers.
- Information about your use of information and communications systems.
- Photographs and or video if you attend any of our auctions and or office.
- Records of your attendance at any of our auctions and or office.
- Any other information provided by you, or any third party, to us, in connection with any matter on which you or one of our customers has instructed us to act or advise.
How is this information collected?
We collect personal information about you through:
- Information which you provide directly to us either verbally, in writing (e.g. by letter, email or fax) or input through our website. You must have the authority to disclose personal data if it relates to someone else and all data disclosed should be complete, accurate and up to date.
- Information collected automatically through our website or client portals.
- Information about you provided to us by third parties including our clients, other people with whom we are communicating when we deal with any matter for our clients, PR agencies and databases to which we subscribe and other third parties.
Data collected through our website
How do we use this information?
We use your personal information to allow us to,
- Perform our contract with you
- Comply with legal obligations.
- Where we need to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests).
- Where it is needed in the public interest or for any official purposes.
- To provide you with our services and other information, including your use of our website.
- To seek advice from third parties in connection with your matter.
- To contact you with marketing communications via mail, email, telephone, mobile messaging services such as SMS/WhatsApp and other social media about new products, special offers or other marketing information.
- For market research purposes. We may contact you by email, SMS, WhatsApp and other social media or phone and use the information to customise our website or communication to you according to your interests.
- To deal with any queries you have made or resolve disputes you have raised or involve you.
- To administer our website and help us improve our services.
- Undertaking checks as to your identity, credit, status and similar.
- Making arrangements for the extension, re-contracting or termination of our working relationship.
- To prevent fraud.
- To ensure network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access to our computer and electronic communications systems and preventing malicious software distribution.
- To conduct data analytics studies relating to your use of our website.
- Pursue legitimate interests of our own (for example, in furtherance of our own business) or third parties’ (such as our clients’) legitimate interests.
Some of the above grounds for processing will overlap and there may be several grounds which justify our use of your personal information.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent in compliance with the above where this is required or permitted by law.
We will get your express opt-in consent before we share your personal data with any third-party group of companies for marketing purposes.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us on email@example.com at any time, or the third party concerned.
Disclosure of personal data
We never sell your personal information to third parties.
We do share your data with third parties where required by law.
We may pass your information to our third-party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf, for example transport or shipping companies, printers, etc. If we do share data, we require third parties to take appropriate security measures and only process your data for specified purposes.
We may also provide your personal data to the third-party service providers we use in the course of administering our business, for example, word processing services, auditors, IT systems providers, lawyers and other professional advisors, insurers, credit and identity check providers.
Transfer of your information out of the EEA
Where possible, we do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
How long we keep your information for?
Our intention is to retain your personal information for only as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
By law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
Links to other websites
The website may contain hyperlinks to other websites of interest. These hyperlinks are provided for your reference and convenience only and do not imply any endorsement of the activities of such third-party websites or any association with their operators. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information
- Request correction of the personal data
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to processing of your personal information.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information.
- Request the transfer of your personal information.
- Withdraw consent for the processing of your personal information
You will not usually have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- email, call or write to the person responsible for our data protection.
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
- let us know the information to which your request relates.
If you have received an email or any other documentation from us with information about any of our services, events or legal updates, you are entitled to be removed from our electronic mailing list. You can do this by either clicking the unsubscribe link in any of our emails or by contacting us
at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to.
Malcolm Harrison Auctions
Nr Market Drayton
Keeping your personal information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published on 26th February 2020 and we may change this privacy notice from time to time. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.